boat /fishing meet

Solent Fishing meet  

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

You owe me big time. 
Ive just rang banana wharf and because of our reduced number we are now sat inside in the bar area, on tall bar tables next to the TV!! 

Oh dear, I posted before reading the post England/Germany result posts on hear. I do hope that our decision to attend boatless will not mess up the arrangements. Sorry Niel. Geoff.:classic_wink:

18 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Thanks Andy, That is a good idea. Today I tried to book a camping pitch at Mercury holiday park, but they have no vacancies for July!!! I have managed to book a site at Netly (Sunnydale) and and we shall be driving down on Friday in an old Berlingo I have recently bought (sold my Ducato camper two weeks ago) and made a sort of "boot jump" kit for it. We both look forward very much to the weekend and to meeting up with a few forum members, We are feeling a bit happier now and have a new survey date booked for Tues. July 20th. Geoff. ☺️☺️☺️

thats good i am looking forward to seeing you bouth

3 hours ago, Andy135 said:

I'm a participator rather that a spectator. As a kid I always found it super-boring to watch something that I could be doing instead, so I never got into following football, or any sport really. Just don't see the point of watching someone else play when I would rather do it myself.

And before you say it, I'm under no illusions that I could do better than the professionals. I just don't find watching sport particularly gripping.

could we not find a blow football kit to demenstrate the moves

6 hours ago, Geoff said:

Oh dear, I posted before reading the post England/Germany result posts on hear. I do hope that our decision to attend boatless will not mess up the arrangements. Sorry Niel. Geoff.:classic_wink:

Geoff I am unable to amend the restaurant table booking online. They say there is no more space, but I will try to call them later and see if I can get an additional table. It may well have to be outside though and separate from the rest. Let me see what I can arrange. 

41 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

Ok peeps, we are all sorted. My Mrs kindly went to banana wharf today for lunch with her friend and sorted out the seating. We now have 3 tables for up to 12 people, inside and right I front of the TV!! 

Did they give the menu a test run? 

Ok just so you all know, I’ve managed to book some entertainment for Friday afternoon. 
It’s a one man travelling comedy show. The performance should start between 3-4pm so get there early to grab a front row seat!! 
It promises to be a side splitter. 

4 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

Ok just so you all know, I’ve managed to book some entertainment for Friday afternoon. 
It’s a one man travelling comedy show. The performance should start between 3-4pm so get there early to grab a front row seat!! 
It promises to be a side splitter. 

Nothing to see here. Move along....

Boats fueled and watered, tackle ready, Deans shopping for edible supplies as I type, chinos are packed and on the van all ready for our off at 7am tomorrow.

Tomorrows weather looks good, Saturday am looking ok with the wind rising as the day goes on with Sunday looking like a bumpy ride home

Our aim Friday is to fish south of the island then into the solent and onto Hamble river between 5/6pm

See you tomorrow

Edited by Maverick