boat /fishing meet

Solent Fishing meet  

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So as England beat Germany I have it on good authority that I will have a mutiny on my hands if we don't eat somewhere with a tv Saturday Night.  I believe Neil has booked Banana Wharf for sat, have they got a box?

6 minutes ago, Maverick said:

So as England beat Germany I have it on good authority that I will have a mutiny on my hands if we don't eat somewhere with a tv Saturday Night.  I believe Neil has booked Banana Wharf for sat, have they got a box?

I dunno Martin. I’ve been pondering (read stressing) that same thing since final whistle. 

10 minutes ago, Maverick said:

lol I wish, haven't even got an Ariel and already been told a phone is no good 

You owe me big time. 
Ive just rang banana wharf and because of our reduced number we are now sat inside in the bar area, on tall bar tables next to the TV!! 

23 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

next to the TV!! 

Starting to feel queasy at the thought... might even have a temperature by Saturday. Perhaps I will need to self-isolate.

2 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Starting to feel queasy at the thought... might even have a temperature by Saturday. Perhaps I will need to self-isolate.

No excuses for admin to pull out, you have guests to host! All 2 of them. 

8 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

We will ply you with cold smooth Brooklyn to ease the discomfort for a while. 

It would take a truckload of Brooklyn to numb the pain of enforced football spectatorship.

#ratherpokemyowneyesoutthanwatchfootball

2 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

It would take a truckload of Brooklyn to numb the pain of enforced football spectatorship.

#ratherpokemyowneyesoutthanwatchfootball

Well you can drink and talk, we will drink and ignore you ! And you can have the seat under the tv so you don’t see. 👍🏻

2 minutes ago, Maverick said:

Yes there's only the pre-match speil then 90 mins e/w with 15 min half time break then the shake down talk at the end so only 3.5 hours to put up with, whats up with you Andy

I'm a participator rather that a spectator. As a kid I always found it super-boring to watch something that I could be doing instead, so I never got into following football, or any sport really. Just don't see the point of watching someone else play when I would rather do it myself.

And before you say it, I'm under no illusions that I could do better than the professionals. I just don't find watching sport particularly gripping.

7 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

I'm a participator rather that a spectator. As a kid I always found it super-boring to watch something that I could be doing instead, so I never got into following football, or any sport really. Just don't see the point of watching someone else play when I would rather do it myself.

And before you say it, I'm under no illusions that I could do better than the professionals. I just don't find watching sport particularly gripping.

I'll bring a ball

On 6/28/2021 at 9:14 PM, Andy135 said:

Ahh, @Geoff, that's sad news indeed. Could you consider coming down without the boat? I'm sure there would be room on board with one of us for you and Joyce to participate if you could find some overnight accommodation.

Thanks Andy, That is a good idea. Today I tried to book a camping pitch at Mercury holiday park, but they have no vacancies for July!!! I have managed to book a site at Netly (Sunnydale) and and we shall be driving down on Friday in an old Berlingo I have recently bought (sold my Ducato camper two weeks ago) and made a sort of "boot jump" kit for it. We both look forward very much to the weekend and to meeting up with a few forum members, We are feeling a bit happier now and have a new survey date booked for Tues. July 20th. Geoff. ☺️☺️☺️