It's home

Geoff

Well done Geoff! Now that she's on your drive I bet you'll find it so much easier to plug away at all those little but important jobs to get her finally finished.

See you at the boat meet in July then 😉👍

27 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Well done Geoff! Now that she's on your drive I bet you'll find it so much easier to plug away at all those little but important jobs to get her finally finished.

See you at the boat meet in July then 😉👍

Fingers crossed. Geoff.☺️

I did say last year that I would not post any more pics untill I had the boat finished Jon. I will see if I can find a couple to post tonight, and get a couple of up to date pics after I have pressure washed it. I suppose I should post in the show us yer thread, but will leave that until I am water ready. Geoff.:classic_wink:

23 minutes ago, suzook12 said:

I mean to stop it going for a drive that doesn't involve you!!

I see what you mean Steve, thank you. A very fair comment. My friend up at Morecambe bay had his rig stolen from his front garden. He was lucky, the police found it about a week later in a front garden 30 miles away. I do have a wheel lock which I will fit over the weekend and I will think about better security for it. I may remove the tow hitch - the boat is at the end of my drive, close to the road - in fact it backs up to the bus stop!!! Thumbs. Geoff.

3 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Thanks Andy. Sad that even in a quiet village like ours these steps need to be taken. Geoff.

Yep, totally agree. Last summer we had our itinerant friends turn up on our village green. I was glad Apache wasn't on my drive at that point...

On 2/5/2021 at 11:23 PM, Geoff said:

I see what you mean Steve, thank you. A very fair comment. My friend up at Morecambe bay had his rig stolen from his front garden. He was lucky, the police found it about a week later in a front garden 30 miles away. I do have a wheel lock which I will fit over the weekend and I will think about better security for it. I may remove the tow hitch - the boat is at the end of my drive, close to the road - in fact it backs up to the bus stop!!! Thumbs. Geoff.

It doesn't matter what you do Geoff, if the Pikey's want it then, the Pikey's will find away of taking it !. However, making life difficult for them tends to put them off and also stops the opportunist thief.

Mine is parked in the driveway with the Jeep parked in front of it, so the drawbar is under the front of the Jeep. The hitch is locked (a feature of the later Knott couplings) and also a wheel clamp is fitted. Additionally, a WIFI CCTV camera keeps a 24/7 eye  on it. I live at the end of a private road with no street lighting, so I also have PIR floodlights in the drive and around the bungalow.

Edited by GPSguru

On 2/5/2021 at 11:27 PM, Andy135 said:

Take a wheel off if you don't take the suspension arms off. Only four bolts but they can't get away without it 👍

These days they will come with a spare(s), which is why I said take the suspension units off 6 or 8 bolts if indy's, jobs a good un. As said, it's about making it difficult to take..... Especially in a small village

As we say here....

If a pikey wants it and it’s chained down they’ll take the chain too! 

I’m quite glad my boat is not in Cardiff at the moment. As it’s not that hard to get access and have a rummage on boats....

At least Milford haven is manned 24/7 with people who live aboard in the Marina too. 🙂 

• 1 month later...

Now that the weather is getting a bit better and the days a bit longer I am trying to do a few jobs and I have spent half the day trying to separate some Carling switches from each other. They are in a row of seven - 5 middle holders and 2 end holders. each holder has a couple of dovetails to the next. they seem to be solid and I cannot remove them and I cannot see any lugs/tags to depress. Does any one have any experience with these switches please as I wish to use them rather than the Chinese panel that I have installed at present due to panel fade. The Carling switches are a far better quality and I would prefer to use them if I can. Thanks Geoff.