Anyone else gagging for a dangle?

Andy135

56 minutes ago, Odyssey said:

I was hoping to have moved house in lockdown so that when restrictions lift I’d of done enough DIY to keep Emma happy until the weather was bad so that I could fish..... 

However it’s taking a while.... she’ll have to put up with half finished bedroom conversion if weather good 🤣🤣

Put yer foot down mate! 💪🏻

On 2/22/2021 at 1:13 PM, Andy135 said:

I've heard the same Steve. Was forwarded a couple of photos of decent-sized plaice from a couple of boats over the weekend. Fingers crossed we can get out there safely soon.

Bugger the Plaice it was the Spurdogs that roused my interest 😁😁

13 hours ago, Andy135 said:

So it looks like 29th March is when we'll be allowed to travel out of our local areas, so that means I'll be allowed back to the boat. Good that we've got a date to work towards but... it's still 5 weeks away 😬😭

March is a strange month for fishing, so you probably won't miss much.

The Plaice will just begin to fatten up a bit, the winter species will have left the inshore waters, but the summer species won't have arrived in numbers, and the wrecks can be very 'hit n miss' during March and early April ....................

• 2 weeks later...

Just over 3 weeks until I can legally get out on Jersey Girl again... to say I'm counting down the days is an understatement! Lots of new gear to test out and the plaice won't catch themselves but.... it'll just be great to be on the water again, fish or no fish.

#gaggingforadangle

1 hour ago, Andy135 said:

Just over 3 weeks until I can legally get out on Jersey Girl again... to say I'm counting down the days is an understatement! Lots of new gear to test out and the plaice won't catch themselves but.... it'll just be great to be on the water again, fish or no fish.

#gaggingforadangle

Sounds similar to me....

We are likely to be “Stay local” until Easter. 

Hopefully keys to new house tomorrow and then it’s blitz the DIY and after Easter out on the boat as much as I can 🙂 

3 hours ago, Odyssey said:

Sounds similar to me....

We are likely to be “Stay local” until Easter. 

Hopefully keys to new house tomorrow and then it’s blitz the DIY and after Easter out on the boat as much as I can 🙂 

I'm probably going to get slated, but fuck staying local if the locks are open next week

Will go out with a buddy boat to minimise the chance of calling the coastguard/RNLI out in the event of a breakdown etc 

Selfish I know, but, well I am

3 hours ago, jonnyswamp said:

I'm probably going to get slated, but fuck staying local if the locks are open next week

Will go out with a buddy boat to minimise the chance of calling the coastguard/RNLI out in the event of a breakdown etc 

Selfish I know, but, well I am

Totally agree with you! 

Stay local was GUIDANCE last time in Wales. It was not legally enforceable as law. You could not get fined/prosecuted for travelling further despite what Welsh Gov tried to indicate...

10 hours ago, Odyssey said:

Totally agree with you! 

Stay local was GUIDANCE last time in Wales. It was not legally enforceable as law. You could not get fined/prosecuted for travelling further despite what Welsh Gov tried to indicate...

Welsh hairdressers can reopen as well.

@headlight